BOOKING INFORMATION & FEES
All registrations are handled by our partner organisation and venue in Barcelona, the Escola Superior de Música de Catalunya (ESMUC).
Clicking on this link www.esmuc.cat will take you to their website, where you will find the instructions for registering via the ESMUC enrolment and payment process. See also note below.
Note: Our hosting institution, Esmuc, is dealing with the registration for the ESS Shakuhachi Summer School BCN 2016 and according to their system, you need to follow two steps in order to successfully register:
1. Firstly, you need to register as a user at ESMUC:
- This is an unavoidable step (unless you are already a registered user) and you will have to fill in some information and decide on a password.
Once you are a registered user, you can proceed to the event registration.
2. Then, you need to register for the event:
- Once you are a registered member of Esmuc, you can proceed to the actual registration for the event, choosing the category that applies to your case (ESS member, non-member, student, etc.).
- Then, fill in the required information, select a paying method and complete the registration. There are two different payment methods; credit card or bank transfer. For the latter, you will find two options which relate to the country you are paying from because of different bank transfer systems. Should you choose to pay by bank transfer, at the end of the registration you will receive a paper with a bar-code with which you can proceed to payment.
Please remember that:
- You will be officially registered once your payment is completed.
- Any fees related to bank transfers should be paid by the participants and, if necessary,
such fees can be paid on the first morning of the event during registration.
- Cancellations requested before 7th July inclusive, will receive a refund of the paid fee, less the cancellation fee, via bank transfer from Esmuc. Unfortunately, we will not be able to refund fees for cancellations requested after 7th July.
Thank you very much.
Reflecting the range of participants’ needs, the fees for participation at the Summer School have been set as follows:
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Concession (students, unemployed etc – proof of status required): €180
Shakuhachi introductory level
1 day on Saturday 30th July 2016 (3 hours): €25
2 days on Saturday 30th + Sunday 31st July 2016 (6 hours total): €50
Note: The introductory classes depend on number of interested participants.
Individual lesson (1 hour): €25
Note: The above fee is valid for non-participants of the Summer School requesting koto or shamisen lessons. For shakuhachi registered participants, pricing and procedure for requesting koto or shamisen lessons will be advised when they have been determined.
Shakuhachi making workshop
To take part in the Shakuhachi making workshop that will take place on Thursday July 28th + Friday July 29th, please register first for the Summer School and then send us an e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) letting us know your registration details and your interest.
The number of participants is going to be limited. Please also keep in mind that even though participation at the workshop itself will not add any extra fees, there are going to be some costs for materials.
Becoming an ESS member not only helps the ESS to promote the shakuhachi but also saves you money!
Membership is €20 per year and members receive a discount on the fees for Summer Schools.
For more information please visit http://www.shakuhachisociety.eu/membership.html